Graphic design is a powerful form of communication often used in the business world to create visually appealing logos and advertisements. Graphic designers, like the Beaverton Graphic Design specialists over at www.oneeightcreative.com, have the ability to convey ideas through visuals, so it’s important for them to use their skills wisely. In order to get the most out of your graphic design efforts, here are some top 15 tips and tricks you should consider when creating graphics:
1. Use Contrasting Colors – Graphic designs need to stand out in order to catch people’s attention. Using contrasting colors can help draw the eye towards your design and make it more memorable. Consider using light and dark shades of the same color or complementary colors on opposite sides of the color wheel.
2. Utilize Negative Space – Too much content crammed into a graphic can make it cluttered and difficult to read. Utilize negative space by leaving some areas free of text or visuals. This creates a more pleasing aesthetic and makes your design easier to take in at first glance.
3. Keep It Simple – Graphic designs should be concise and easy to understand as possible. Avoid complex images that require deciphering, as this can be off-putting for viewers. Keep fonts simple and easily readable, too, so the message comes through clearly.
4. Incorporate Depth – Instead of creating flat graphics, add depth in order to draw attention to certain elements and create interest in the overall image. You can do this by using shadows or patterns on the background, adding gradients to objects or overlapping elements.
5. Leverage Text and Graphics – Graphic designs should include a mix of text and visuals in order to communicate the message effectively. The graphics should be used to illustrate the points made by the text and vice versa. Make sure that there’s a balance between both elements so they don’t overpower one another.
6. Play With Shapes – Graphics can become more visually appealing when you use different shapes instead of just squares and circles. Try incorporating triangles, rectangles, hexagons and other shapes into your design for an interesting look. You can even combine several different shapes together to create a unique pattern or image that stands out from the rest.
7. Use Textures – Graphic designs can be made more interesting and dynamic by adding textures to the background or elements within it. Textures can add a 3D effect and create depth, making your design stand out from others.
8. Choose Legible Fonts – Fonts are an important part of graphic design, so make sure you’re using ones that are legible and not too small or hard to read. Serif fonts tend to be easier on the eyes than sans serif fonts, but if you’re going for something more modern, try mixing different font types together for an eye-catching look.
9. Incorporate Symbols – Symbols can often convey ideas and emotions better than words or images. Incorporating symbols into your graphic design can help communicate a message quickly and effectively.
10. Use Grids – Graphic designers should always use grids when creating designs, as they provide structure and guide the eye to where it needs to go on the page. Grids also make sure that elements are aligned properly and that text is easy to read.
11. Vary Sizes – Graphic designs don’t have to be all the same size; in fact, varying sizes often makes them more visually appealing. Consider making some elements larger than others so they stand out from the background while still fitting within the overall design.
12. Make It Scannable – Graphic designs should make it easy for viewers to quickly scan and find what they’re looking for. Use bulleted or numbered lists, headings and visuals to break up text into chunks that are easier to take in at a glance.
13. Optimize for Mobile – More people are viewing graphics on their smartphones than ever before, so make sure your design is optimized for mobile viewing. This means using larger images and fonts, as well as making sure everything fits properly on the screen.
14. Follow Graphic Design Trends – Graphic design trends come and go all the time, so if you want your designs to look modern and up-to-date, it’s important to stay informed of current trends. Experiment with different techniques and look to other designers for inspiration.
15. Be Consistent – Graphic design is all about creating a unified message that’s recognizable across multiple platforms. Sticking to the same color palette, fonts, logos and styles will help ensure that your brand is consistent and recognizable wherever it appears.
These are just a few of the top tips for graphic design but following these guidelines should help you create designs that are both visually appealing and effective in communicating your message. Graphic design is an art form, so take time to experiment and find what works best for your audience. With practice and dedication, you can create stunning graphics that capture attention and convey ideas clearly.…